Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Twenties



As I'm writing, there's an 11:40am choir flashmob outside of Common Grounds. I'm sitting here with Mr. Karl Holmlund and Mr. Corey Scott and we are talking about the nature of flashmobs and how the expected flashmob is noon in the caf, while the unexpected is precisely 11:40am Commons.

Boom.


What a week, what a blog post this will be. We've got videos this week. Lots of videos.

This last Sunday was my birthday.  I finished my 21st year on this earth and am now entering into my 22nd year; in other words, I turned 21 y/o. 21. That old adult age.  I'm not a big fan of birthdays. I've had an interesting history with birthdays, specifically birthday parties, so my opinion of birthdays have been skewed. SO, with that, this birthday was good! Woke up the morning of the 13th, nothing going on. Nothing kept going on. So I had the immensely late idea to go to Pink's Hot Dogs, decided to invite a bunch of people, but due to the fact the idea was immesely late, people were naturally busy. Naturally! Hittin' Pinks with 1000 or 1, it's just a birthday. The group ended up consisting of my fam bam, two or my roommates Mr. Joel Limbauan and Mr. Ben Jacuk, and Mr. Kelii Miyata, my good buddy from high school who is rocking the USC. This is him busting a rhyme.



So the 13th? Good group, good dogs, good time. It was the 21st, 363 it will be the 22nd. Age. Getting older. Aging.

Boom.


I've got some video for you now.  This first one? I absolutely got a 100% kick out of this guy. I don't know if I've ever seen or talked to someone as laid back as this dude. Just livin' life, lovin' life. Obviously, there's pros, cons, opinions, politics, etc. There's somethin' really really great about this gentleman's outlook on life. Let's learn from him.


The Redneck Hippie from Philip Bloom on Vimeo.




This next video is ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING AND UNBELIEVABLE. I don't even know how to explain other that God's creation is UNFATHOMABLE and surprises are around each and every corner. Incredibly unreal.


Murmuration from Sophie Windsor Clive on Vimeo.



Ever heard of Crocs? Yeah those stupidly ugly, nasty lookin' plastic shoes. Do you like them? Would you buy them? Watch this commericial. Crocs utilizes their ugliness, makes fun of them selves, and ends up making an effective ad that more than likely sells their shoes. Brilliant.




This one. WHAT?! Just watch. Creativity at it's finest. Crazy cool.


Faber Castell from eric yeo on Vimeo.





BOOM.


Content galore. Hope you enjoyed the videos!

Runnin' like mad over here. Projects, projects, projects; fun, fun, fun!


Can't believe how quickly this semester is coming to a close. Next week is Thanksgiving. Then Christmas. Semester's over at that point. What?



Have a brilliantly beautiful day today. Take a look around you and enjoy whatever it is you see whether that is a taco, a person, a coupon book.

Enjoy it, live it up.



1 comment:

  1. Nice videos. And Happy Birthday. I hope this next year goes well for you.

    >> Projects, projects, projects; fun, fun, fun!

    Yesterday was Thursday. Today it is Frie-day. Tomorrow it is Thanksgiving, then Christmas comes afterwards. We, we, we so excited. :)

    I hope the semester ends well for you.

    ReplyDelete