Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks a million


WOAH. It's TG. Thanksgiving. The big one. Time to eat. Is that what Thanksgiving's about? Sometimes, for some people. Is it about seeing family? Sometime, for some people. Is it about the settlers and the Indians?

In the United States, the modern Thanksgiving holiday tradition traces its origins to a 1621 celebration at Plymouth in present-day Massachusetts. The initial thanksgiving observance at Virginia in 1619 was prompted by the colonists' leaders on the anniversary of the settlement. The 1621 Plymouth feast and thanksgiving was prompted by a good harvest. In later years, the tradition was continued by civil leaders such as Governor Bradford who planned a thanksgiving celebration and fast in 1623. While initially, the Plymouth colony did not have enough food to feed half of the 102 colonists, the Wampanoag Native Americans helped the Pilgrims by providing seeds and teaching them to fish. The practice of holding an annual harvest festival like this did not become a regular affair in New England until the late 1660s.

I'm home for the holiday, it's pretty great, always great. Short and great. You know what else is short and great? Thanksgiving break from last year. Here's the recap. It's short and great:


TG (Video Art) from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.


Short and great.



And you know what else? Well, school stuff, most certainly.



See that? That's my schedule for next semester. Well, for the time being. Some aspects are still a lil up in the air, but for the most part, this is the scoop. I'm generally excited, should be interesting, very interesting. I'm going to have more time than I do now which will be interesting in itself, but knowing me, that "time" will be filled up immediately. Interesting. I'm excited though, we'll see what happens. There's no telling what kind of shenanigans will go down between now and then, what opportunities will come and pass, what friends and acquaintances will do in this same time of change. Change is scary, change is good, change is necessary. It's time. BOOM.



I've got some videos for you, some super fun ones.

The first? Well, it's one of the funniest videos I've EVER had the privilege to watch. Not only does it feature Mr. Bob Ross, the mastermind of a painter, but the video as a whole is simply hysterical. I absolutely love how he gets such a kick out of cleaning his brush, laughing as he goes. What a man.




Next, is a ridiculously great commercial. Let's just say, if I was young and immature (I'm not saying I'm not), I would have the Six Finger on my Sandy Claus list ASAP. Also, advertising sure has changed these last [fill in the blank] years. This stuff is QUALITY.



Thirdski: this video getscha. It's so happy, so joyous. This blind cat, Oskar, plays with toys for the first time, toys rigged with bells so Oskar can locate the ball and have an absolute ball in the process. Brings tears to my eyes.



Last is a spectacular stopmotion and pretty philosophically deep. The point is made and makes you feel. The emotion. Definitely worth a watch.


Address Is Approximate from The Theory on Vimeo.






And that's it! The post! Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for you. Yes, you. You're a reader/watcher and possibly an enjoyer of this here blog and that means the world to me. I'm thankful for you and her and him and us. I'm thankful for it all, life experiences, the good, the bad, the ugly. Most of all, I'm thankful for a Savior that takes the weight off of my shoulders and knows me inside out, for no reason at all but pure love. Without Him, I'm a goner, TOAST. Phew, I'm thankful.



THANK YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment