Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Line



Oh, it's Wednesday again. It's amazing how much happens at the week, but at the same time, how little happens. Think about it.

I'm here to tell you the apartment still is not finished. The same as last week. It is still not suitable for the tour. Not at all. BUT, I promise you, you will get the tour eventually. Treat it like a raincheck, except I choose when you redeem it. Either way, I apologize. The tour is a staple in college life, it had been unwavering. Can't quite say that any more.


This week has been good. Has it's ups and downs as normal. I've realize my plate is plum full of good, clean fun/work/school/etc. I think I'm going to legally change my name to "Busy." Why this happens every semester, I will never know. Let me introduce you to SLEEPTALK100.

On September 1st, I began an adventure: for 100 straight days, I am going to record my sleep talking during the night. It's exciting, it's off-kilter, it's annoying, it's vulnerable, it's eerie, it's a blast. I am a week into the project and the results have been surprising, mainly because I've never actually heard myself sleep talk, I've just heard the stories. Here's your introduction:


SLEEPTALK100 - An Introduction from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.



and here are your links:

MAIN SITE: Audio clips are here: http://sleeptalk100.tumblr.com

Follow progress and receive updates: http://facebook.com/sleeptalk100

Secondary: http://twitter.com/sleeptalk100




It's been quite the journey thus far. And let me tell ya, the next 3 months are going to be full of quality sleep talkin'. Like the facebook page and you'll see this stuff as it's happening. Crazyzyzyness.


I've got some fun video for you now.

I took a trip to yesteryear this last week and uncovered some classic videos. All I can say is: ENJOY.


This first one is one of my favorites. This was my first spontaneous film, no prep, go with the flow, jump cut editing. I love it. And I'm sure all of the people in this video really enjoy seeing their young selves. Recognize that dude in the thumbnail? Mr. Scott Weir = the man.



Marvelous Light. Oh boy. Summer of 2009 I had the privilege to play drums at Hartland Christian Camps. It was a blast and a half and AWESOME to see God work throughout the summer. One of the nights is called the Rowdy Campfire in which the goal is simple: go ape. Here is an example of the ape-ness: Two campers came up to play with us, I came from behind the set to sing, the bassist, my cousin Mr. Micah Hiett, went back to drums and we JAMMED. Act ridiculous, sound ridiculous, and praising God through it all. What a memory.




During my senior year in high school, I was in a video production class (which changed my life by the way) and this was my extra credit music video. It surprised people.





These first couple weeks of school has brought back memories from freshman year. I have told the stories of the next videos a number of times and it's absolutely wonderful to re-experience the madness.

First, the possum that was hanging out in my room. Mr. Ben Jacuk came in and showed us scaredy cats (and inexperienced, not-wanting-rabies, cats) who's boss.




And finally, us dudes heard of a free Ashley Tisdale concert. We HAD to go. It was necessary. This is our story.














And that, ladies and gentleman, is today's blog post. I hope you enjoyed the videos. I know I did, reliving memories is definitely worthwhile every once in a whileworth.


Look around, find some old pictures of videos from your life. Relive those moments. Nothing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment