Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dear Diary


It's to the point where I feel like it's Wednesday everyday. Days feel like hours, weeks feel like days, months feel like weeks, years feel like months, decades feel like years, centuries feel like decades, millenniums feel like centuries.  Time is cruise, cruise, cruising along, not waiting along for stragglers.  All that to say, life's nuts and it's just getting nuttier.

I'll prove it to you. Are you familiar with the Sleep Talk 100 project? If you aren't, I've been recording my sleep talking each and every night and posting the results here: sleeptalk100.tumblr.com. Anyway, take a listen to last night's words:


I don't want to claim I know what I'm referring too, but it just might relate to the intensity of LIFE.

If you have been a consistent reader, for which I am very grateful, you will remember that last semester was ridiculous, a DOOZY, if you will. It was testing, difficult, and immensely challenging, but served as an INCREDIBLE learning experience, for which I am also grateful. However, for the majority of the semester, work was #1. There was no time for relaxation, sleep, or a social life.

Yikes.

So, that said, this semester, I intentionally signed up for less units, and, more importantly, less studio classes (film + art classes). BUT, because I'm me, I'm still unbelievably busy. Imagine that. Here's what's cool though: the busyness finally includes a social factor, doing things with other human beings. Before, it was "I've got four hours to complete 3 projects." Now, it is "I've got four hours to complete one project and hang out with some peeps."  Do you know what this means? More stories, more memories, two of my favorite things. I'll prove more to you: last week, stories were the name of the game. Here's the post if you haven't seen it:


Stories. Lots of them. Memories. Lots of them. This is how it should be. And last week is was. And it was excellent, most excellent. Be spontaneous. Seriously. Last year, the loads of work got in the way of spontaneity. This year, making memories is on the agenda, and last week shows it's an attainable goal.



Now, more than ever, this blog feels like a diary. I feel like I got all emotional and stuff and spilled my guts to the world. I hope you enjoy gut spilling. Sometimes it's necessary. And sometimes it fun.

And with that, there's not much more to say. 


But there's more to watch.

First, on May 20th, 2011, the day before the hoax-of-a-claim of the return of Christ, Mr. Kyle Dietz, Mr. Scott Weir, Mr. Connor Cabalka, and myself flew through the air at the speed of gravity. We sky dove. It was incredible. It was fantastic. And now there's a video, a video of which is decently long so if you want to, skip the middle part; the beginning and end are definitely worth a watch:




Secondly, I ran across a filmmaker who has become in the last week one of my biggest inspirations. He is a one man jam and his work is absolutely incredible. And the best part? He is using his gifts to spread the love of Christ.  Breath=taken.

 
[Fo'tis'ma] from Salomon on Vimeo.


And finally, live performence music video by the ridiculosity of a band, Sleigh Bells. The reason I share this is not for the performance in itself, but in the video production. The editing BEAUTIFULLY reflects the chaotic nature of Sleigh Bells' music and their absurd live shows. Naturally, I'm a fan.



Sleigh Bells "A/B Machines" (Live) from Phil Pinto on Vimeo.



And that's the post. I gave a shout out earlier to all the consistent readers. I really am grateful for you, regardless if I know you. In the beginning stages of this blog, it was all about records, recording events in the life of Morgan Lott to be remembered. Technically, it still is around for that purpose BUT, even through the urges to quit, it's great to be able to share current happenings, interesting findings, and everything else under the sun to the internet community.  To those of you I know personally, I want to thank you for reading and investing some time in this bizarre dude you know. To those of you I don't know personally, I want to thank you for reading and investing some time in this bizarre dude you don't know.



Invest your time wisely.  Invest your money wisely. Invest your relationships wisely. Invest your life wisely.

Be wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment