Sunday, August 9, 2009

Awaited

Time: 10:55 Wednesday August 5th, 2009

Here’s the thing. There is a lot to write about, but no time to do it. There is a lot to write about, but I honestly don’t really feel like writing about it. There is a lot to write about, but most of it forces me to write in a “real-time” style, rather than a “stream of conscious” style. If you have read my blog for a while, you should know that I write off the cuff, unedited, nonstop blog entries about my Wednesday. If you didn’t already know this, you do now—thank you for learning. Let me explain why I’m saying this. Last week was absolutely amazing. I played drums in the band Remember at Hartland Christian Camp to lead the high school students in worship. The week was very spiritual; what started out with a discouraging and daunting spiritual intervention (if you’d like to know more- ask me), God worked and transformed the week into a highly spiritual week that I didn’t exactly expect. Now, I could spend lots of time going into every detail of the week, that is what you would probably want. I wish I could write all the awesome details of the week, from the awesome speaker Eric Hovind who knew a wealth of information concerning Creation and Evolution (eye-opening) and could shoot a wicked rubber band, to the fellowship and worship with the 170 campers, to the extreme rec guys and our DP’s and cookin’ dogs, to the friendships I made over just a couple weeks. But, sorry to say, I cannot do this on this blog. I am not here to give to a day-to-day, experience-to-experience instant replay for you to relive my last week. So if you want to know about it, ask me sometime. I’m sorry if this fact disappoints you, that I do not wish to withhold a history book of my life. This may sound kind of rude, I apologize.

I might write about my intentions with this blog at a later point.

Anyway, today. I am in Oklahoma with the entire Neufeld family for our every-two-year (double-annual?) family reunion. This is how we got here:



And today, was berserk. This morning at 6, a few of us went fishing. We caught 30 fish, I caught 1 single fish, BUT it was the biggest fish of the day, so I the disappointment of fishing fishless was worth it. Morning breeze encrusted. Craziness ensues. Then, later, we ate a whole ton of food. Food encrusted. Craziness ensues. Then we went to our family trusted owned open range where we tore it up on the ATVs, four wheelers, and motorcycles. Dirt encrusted. Craziness ensues. Then we book it back to the meeting place for a phat bbq of 100s of hot dogs. Ketchup encrusted. Craziness ensues. Then we make our way back to the open range for more four wheeling, tractor riding, smore making, lighting watching. Cow pie encrusted. Craziness ensues.

I am absolutely wiped. My contacts are irritated in my eyes.


Update: I am currently in Dallas, TX waiting on a 6:10 flight to San Francisco. On the first plane ride over here, I thought up a few items to discuss on my blog. There is a complex problem however. I completely forgot these particular items. This is a problem I have had to deal with; forgetfulness has caused a lovely amount of opportunity. (Another problem: writing in a sarcastic tone, if only you could detect the sarcasm EVERY TIME it is written through text…this has gotten me in trouble a few times).

On the plane, if I remember what I was going to write about, I will make sure I write about it. 88% says I don’t remember.


Update: I am on the plane flying over lots of brown land. I did not remember what I was going to write about like I mentioned in my last update, but I came up with something new. Months and months ago, I started listening to mewithoutyou for keeps, like not just listening to a song every so often when my library is on random. The music interested me and the style of “singing” intrigued me. It is interesting how abstract harsh talking combined with music stylings can work together. I did some research on the band and found that the singer of mewithoutyou, Aaron Weiss, has a peculiar way of dancing. So I looked up a video online of his dancing styles. In the process, I ran across a video (displayed below) of Aaron Weiss dancing to a band called Psalters. I then did some research on these guys and liked what I found. Check out this video and you’ll see what I mean.





Abstract : Piet Mondian :: Psalters : music




More Update:



This is the band I was in at Hartland: Remember. We were/are selling a 5 song cd for $5 and if you are interested, PLEASE contact me or any other member of the band. It turned out better than expected; take a listenin' at two songs below!


www.myspace.com/remembertheband


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment