Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Practice makes perfect

Ok, I do not know how much time I have so we'll have to play it by ear. This week I am away. As you may have read last week (if you haven't, go read...just scroll down a little bit and read), I am playing drums in a band at Heartland Christian camps next week and two weeks after that. SO, this week, I am practicing with the band so we sound like we are a band, make sense? Let me tell you, it's going to be rockin' without a doubt. We are changing up the songs to make it ours (like adding post-hardcore breakdowns) and I'm pumped to be playing this stuff! It's a good time here. Most days I work with my cuz Mr. Micah Hiett trimmin' trees or haulin' fruit or sweatin' more than I have in the last year or fixin' overflowed toilets that leak through the ceiling and send a stench of mildew to our place of sleep. Then we head over to the Laemmlen's to practice in this pad with some unbelievable gear. It's hard to explain through text as you are not here to see it and I do not have a photo and, as you know, pictures are worth AT LEAST one thousand words. You know how that is.

I'm in kind of a dilemma. I want to explain some of the events that have happened here but it may be in vain. It may be easier to explain some of the events that have happened here in person, rather than attempting to explain some of the events that have happened here through text. I'll give you one event

So for the Heartland gig, we (the band) borrowed a whole lot of equipment from this guy Mr. Rick Robbins. In return, we were "asked" to help him set up a gig he was doing for two weeks for a Celebration Church camp in Sonora, CA. Let me tell you, it was the whole shebang. Two phat light rigs piled high with automated lights. Four subwoofer boxes each with two 18" subs read to rock. The list goes on. Basically, a sound system that will "blow your face off." Incredible. Anyway, we need to drive there so we begin driving. Long story short and four stops later, a little-less-than-three-hour trip took a little-more-than-five-hours. AND, to add to the suspense, I was riding with Mr. Dustin Laemmlen, and, in 114 degree heat, our air conditioner would go out pretty consistently every twenty minutes, AND, as we drove, the Volvo we were driving in would overheat, SO there we were, 114 degree heat, heater blasted, windows yanked down, shirts down, panting like dogs. It was quite the trip.

I really don't have time to add much more so I'll leave with this. I hope you are having a good day today. You must not be too busy because you have time to read this. I always have a business problem but the thing is I find time to do what I do. I guess you could call it priorities and motivation...time management per se. Anyway, please enjoy this time you have. Time is of the essence. Enjoy every second of everyday with no regrets. Hear hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment