Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Finale


Today is the final Wednesday of the semester. Today is the final day of the semester. Today was the final day of the semester. I'm going to wake up tomorrow and realize "yesterday was the final day of the semester." Fall 2012 is TOAST and Spring 2013 is fresh bread waiting to be placed in the toaster. It's incredible to think I will NEVER be taking a general education class again, no more classes that I have to take to simply satisfy a requirement. If I choose to take classes ever again in my life, they will be intentionally and beneficially chosen for the sake of personal learning. None of this "oh, I HAVE to take one more science class because I HAVE to or I WILL NOT GRADUATE." None of that.

We're growing up. People are graduating. School is done. School. That thing we've gone to most weekdays of our entire lives up this point. A professor put it this way: "You're about to be fired from your full time job of 18 years." We've been full-time academics, spending our time in schools, in studies, in educational practices. That world is about to be vanquished, kaput, straight toasted. We're about to enter into this thing called the "workforce." Sounds terrififying. But you know what else it sounds like? ADVENTURE. Time's only moving forward.

To all my fellow Biolan's who are graduating, the world is yours for the taking. You have the opportunity to literally, figuratively, and spiritually change this planet if you take the skills you have learned through this point in your life and utilize them. Biola's a good school, they're relevant. You're ready to make an impact on this thing called the "workforce" for Jesus. Let's go. I'm rooting for you. I'll see you in the "workforce" in 6 months. Pumped to hear the stories.

In other news, here's a fantastic .gif:


In other news, here's one of my favorite blog posts of all time. SO RIDICULOUS.


In other news, here's my families Christmas card:



In other news, here's a fantastic video:



In other news, this week has been ABSOLUTE INSANITY. It's finals week, projects are due. I decided to go above and beyond on a specific Graphic Design book assignment and it ATE my time like a juicy cheeseburger. I've spent probably upwards of 30 hours in the Art Lab, the famed 82, in the last 4 days. And then Ms. Morgan McGannon has just been a twinkle in my eye. She's fantastic. 

Here's a few tweets from the week. They're pretty vague. In fact, some are VERY vague, possibly so vague I won't know what they are referring to in the years to come. So, future Morgan Lott, these tweets were somewhat significant this week. BAM.










The joys of social media.




Okay, well, I'm out. I'm taking this girl out of the town tonight. This girl, the one in this picture.






Go outside right now. Look at the sky and how vast it is. IT IS UNBELIEVABLE. The sky goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on. Think about that for a second.



No comments:

Post a Comment