Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This is the update

This is the update you all have (or have not) been waiting for.  Here's the scoop:

I honestly do not know how much I have written, how much I have told, or how much I have suggested about my work this summer, so here it is, all of it, for you, the reader, to do what the name implies: read.

If you have followed this blog for a while, you know that it is updated every Wednesday.  If you have followed this blog for a while, you know that I wear a collared shirt (and most often a tie) every Wednesday.  If you have followed this blog for a while, you have noticed that these two critical elements have been lacking, in fact, these two elements have ceased to exist for the last couple weeks.  Here's why:

For the summer of 2010, I was hired to work up at Hume Lake Christian Camps as a member of the program staff media team, a position I am privileged to hold.  All day, every day, I am preparing, filming, recording, editing, and everything in between; I am blessed to be able to contribute to our media team's production. 

It's really an interesting experience.  We strive to produce videos for the campers, videos that will spark a memory of Hume, videos that will cause campers to remember what they learned at camp and reflect on their current living situation.  We work for an audience of One, to add to the camp experience a keepsake that will remind of God's love for all of us, upon watching.  This is our aim, this is what we strive for.  God's got it all in His hands, we're just here to see Him work through us.  I am super excited to see what the Lord has in store for the campers, counselors, staff, homeowners, cove-goers, and everybody who even hears the words "Hume Lake" this summer.  We're in for a ride.




Now for the technical:

Here's the thing: I am on a mountain.  I am on a mountain that does not have cell phone towers, internet up the wazoo and more.  Because of this, I have limited resources to communicate with the outside world (you).  It's really quite interesting because it really emphasizes the obsessive pulls of technology.  So for this reason (and the lack of "resources" definitely helps), I have chosen to try and stay away from the internet as much as possible.  We'll see how that goes.



That will be it for tonight.  I hope I summed up what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, and the current-cy of my life.  You know how it is.

The fair-weather day, you should take a hike and enjoy the world around you.  Or maybe write a letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment